On October 3rd, Dell’Osso Family Farm in Lathrop will open for their 19th Annual Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch. Dell’Osso Family Farm was featured on the nationally televised Travel Channel’s “Extreme Halloween” show as one of the best fall seasonal events in the nation and almost 200,000 people visited last year. The event takes place on a 300 acre pumpkin farm operated by 4th generation farmers who have farmed the same land for over 80 years. They are one of the largest growers on the West Coast with nearly 10 million pounds of pumpkins grown on the farm annually. When you come this year you will see major changes to the landscape of the farm in preparation for some very exciting things to come in 2016.
Dell’Osso Family Farm has become a family tradition for people all over California to visit. In fact people come from other states and countries, as family and friends bring them to this not to be missed event for a day full of FUN. Traditional harvest attractions abound including:
- 3 Corn Mazes w/viewing platforms
- The World Famous Pumpkin Blaster that shoots mini pumpkins at 100mph
- U-Pick pumpkins/Fall Harvest décor, gourds, Indian corn, corn stalks and more.
- 5,000 sq ft Haunted Castle – more chills & thrills than ever before
- Bucking Pumpkin Ride and Scarecrow Ride
- High Flying Adventures on the Aerial Ropes Course and Zip Lines
- All Aboard the Dell’Osso Express Train – a favorite attraction for all!
- Pony Rides, Petting Zoo and NEW Updated and Expanded Kiddie Playland too!
- Mystery Tour Ride – What is it? Can’t say it’s a Mystery!
- Gem Mining in Old Western Town
- Country Store with fresh baked goods and great gifts
- FREE Pedal Car Speedway -Tricycles for the little ones & race cars for big kids too!
- FREE Hay Rides and FREE Tire Pyramid
- Parking is ALWAYS FREE at Dell’Osso Family Farm
The Dell’Osso family works with over 20 non-profit agencies, giving them an opportunity to raise funds for their causes. In the last two decades, over $1,000,000 has been raised by these groups on the farm. On October 2nd the Dell’Osso Family Farm will donate the site for “Special Day on the Farm” where over 2,200 special needs children will come enjoy the farm. There will be different events scheduled thru the month so please check out our event calendar on our website or look for us on Facebook at “Dell’Osso Family Farms” for special offers and information.
The changes for 2016 are big ones, as Dell’Osso plans to begin hosting festivals and events on the property – starting with the Bacon and Brew Festival on Fathers Day weekend, June 18 & 19, 2016. In order to accommodate these future events, the Dell’Osso’s have made large scale improvements to the property. They have planted over a thousand new trees for additional shade (13 varieties of fruit and citrus, grapes, olives) and almost 8 acres of grass (irrigated with non-potable water and is a variety that uses 20% water of typical lawns). Also, the 3-acre field behind Snow Hill will become a concert grounds, two new lakes have been dug and they will provide irrigation water for the new trees and grass and one lake, behind the Ropes Course has an acre island in the middle of it. This island will be developed in 2016 Adventure Island like Tom-Sawyer type of experience for the children.
Dell’Osso Family Farm is located right off Interstate 5 in Lathrop, just a short drive away for fall family fun all day, open daily from October 3rd through Halloween. For more information, visit: www.pumpkinmaze.com