The Office of the Sheriff is issuing this Crime Alert due to an increase in RESIDENTIAL BURGLARIES occurring in the Discovery Bay area. For the month of July, 6 RESIDENTIAL BURGLARIES have occurred on Gold Creek Cr, Sailboat Dr, Beach Ct, Berkshire Ln, Amesbury St, and Wilde Dr. The Burglaries have taken place during the daytime and 5 out of the 6 reported burglaries the homes were unsecured.
To reduce your chances of becoming a victim of Residential Burglary, please follow these home security measures:
– Ensure your home is equipped with good quality deadbolt locks on all doors leading to the outside (including the door leading into the garage) and keep them LOCKED AT ALL TIMES. Ensure your windows are locked when you are not at home.
– Ensure a lighting source is in place outside every door of your home and ensure they are illuminated during all hours of darkness.
– Ensure landscaping shrubs are maintained at a height no higher than 36 inches from the ground and tree canopies extend no lower than 7 feet from the ground. Use defensive landscaping (thorny plants or plants with needles) as barriers to vulnerable access points (i.e. windows and fence lines).
– Install an alarm system and use it faithfully.
– Report ALL SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY! 925-646-2441 Call 9-1-1 to report an emergency or a crime in progress. Call (925) 646-2441 to report a non-emergency situation or a crime that is not in progress.
Most crimes are crimes of opportunity and criminals are always looking for the easiest target, so please take the necessary steps to prevent yourself from becoming that easy target.
For information on starting a “Neighborhood Watch Program” contact your neighborhood Crime Prevention Specialist Anthony Fontenot at (925) 634-0585 Afont@so.cccounty.us
WANT TO KNOW MORE?: